søndag den 6. marts 2011

Sunday at the beach

Another very warm day in Colombo, after being to Dehli for two days I realize that this is a very warm country and it is only getting warmer from now on and the next many months. We had arranged to meet some of our good friends at the beach in Mt Lavinia. The beach is a new discovery from our side, I am still puzzled that I have lived in Colombo for one and half year without seeing this beautiful spot; its clean white sand, water is not too rough and a very nice little restaurant that will serve you a really nice meal and cold drinks, there are hardly any hustlers and often not that many people, thats mostly if you come early, around five pm lot of locals are arriving making it a buzzling place with people playing volley or just enjoying the water. Today it was a bit more crowded probably because its a Sunday. The water was fantastic, with waves just big enough for Jacob to cope and whirl around in without risking his life. The beach is a must see if you are in Colombo, and actually one of the best I have seen!

To get there you have to park and walk over the railway tracks which runs just behind the Voile Blanche restaurant, there is off course no organized crossing so like everyone else we keep an eye on possible trains coming before we cross, I often wonder how our kids will manage in the western countries were everything is so regulated and safety precautions are extreme in some instances. Walking on train tracks is a normal thing to do here and I guess most of the time more safe than trying to walk along the roads considering the crazy driving you get here.

After the beach we had decided to go for the monthly jazz event at the rugby club, but after the long and very warm day at the beach we changed our minds and are staying home (meaning after falling asleep on the patio we could not be bothered). Jacob is cooling down with a game of ball on the Wii and Ditte took of with our neighbors daughter for a hangout at the Galle Face and I decided to try to write a blog - this means this is my first blog, inspired by another good friend of mine here in Sri Lanka who also likes writing about the many things life brings you when you are posted away from home on a tropical island like Sri Lanka.

I have for a long time felt bad that I did not try to capture the moments, to share them with my friends and safe them for my own recollection of the time we were here and I see blogging as an excellent opportunity to get it done. I decided to do it in English in order to share it with the extended circle of friends - however as most of you know it is not my native language so forgive my sometime strange compositions or bad language, I will do my best to make it as readable as possible :)

Many more blogs are on the way, please read what you like it is absolutely voluntarily.
Big hugs from Camilla

2 kommentarer:

  1. Rigtig god ide - dejligt at høre mere om jeres/dit eksotiske liv:-)
    Kram

    SvarSlet
  2. PS - Dansk Dressur er mig, Stinne:-)

    SvarSlet